This Cajun Salmon Recipe is a super easy and flavourful dinner to make during busy weeknights and ready in under 30 mins. Recipe is for 2 people.
ABOUT CAJUN SEASONING
Cajun seasoning is the start to any cajun-style recipe. You can use store bought or make it yourself. I prefer to buy Schwartz Cajun Seasoning from my local supermarket. Schwartz Cajun Seasoning is expertly blended with chilli powder, allspice and thyme for a taste of Louisiana.
Because of the cayenne pepper, the seasoning has a reddish orange tint to it so blackens when grilled or fried on meat or veggies. Not only can you mix it with oil and use it as a marinade, it also makes a great dry rub too!
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN SALMON
2 salmon fillets
1 large onion, sliced
3 peppers, sliced
1 bunch of asparagus (optional)
2 tsps of Schwartz Cajun Seasoning
2 Tbls olive oil (plus extra for pan)
I also bought a pack of ready made parmenter potatoes
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees (fan). When temperature reached I added my potatoes as they were going to take 25 minutes.
I also put on a pan of water for the asparagus.
2. Place salmon fillets in a bowl and add the olive oil and Schwartz Cajun Seasoning and mix. (I prepared mine in advance, covered and left in the fridge overnight to marinate but this isn’t necessary you could do this and then prepare your veggies).
- In a frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil over a medium heat and add the onions and peppers, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pan on a medium heat add your marinated salmon skin side up. You will see the salmon change colour and once half way up the fillet turn on its side and cook for a further 2 minutes and repeat on the other. Cook skin side down last for a few minutes.
- Place asparagus in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Plate up and enjoy
For a healthier option you can also cook the salmon in the oven for 20 minutes wrapped in foil if you prefer
For more recipes or cooking suggestions head over to Schwartz to see more.
Available to purchase at Tesco for £1.60.
There is also currently a 2 for £2.50 offer on until 10th December 2019.